Is HDF Laminate Flooring a Boon for the Nature?
The lifestyle we live today definitely calls out for eco-friendly solutions in everything. Environmental awareness has grown among people across the world. They are now attempting to live greener lifestyles leaving fewer carbon emissions and it also includes the material choices made for the interiors of the house. Sustainable, recyclable, and renewable solutions are already outperforming those purchased just for their appearance. HDF laminate flooring, on the other hand, outstands by both better environmental credentials and aesthetic appeals.
HDF laminate flooring is a popular flooring choice nowadays due to its simple installation process, maintenance, easy cleaning; quality of stain resistance, and extended durability, all because of its “wear-resistant layer”. But is it the right choice for the environment? Is it environmentally friendly? Let us find out in detail by looking into the succeeding points.
How HDF laminate flooring can be favorable to the environment?
To be called environmentally friendly, the production, installation, and disposal procedures must have no detrimental influence on the environment. If any material is processed without harming the environment, it can beneficial to the environment. So, let us start with its manufacturing process.
Process of Manufacturing:
HDF laminate flooring is a multi-layered wood fibre material that is mixed together with resins to imitate natural wood through the lamination process. This flooring is formed by fusing a photographic picture of wood or any other design onto the surface of a high-density fibreboard core with a moisture-resistant bottom layer. In addition, the laminated flooring has a transparent 'wear layer' on top that acts as a protective covering. Only agro forestry wood is used of which fine wooden fibres are blended with resin and then exposed to extreme pressure and heat, resulting in a high-density composite material. Thus despite using very fewer materials in the manufacturing process, it offers the look and feel of the natural wood.
Process of Installation:
HDF laminate floors can be easily installed in your house or workplace. Laminate flooring is not inclined to the subfloor, but instead, they are installed as a floating floor. The reason for this is that the floating approach allows the flooring to expand and contract without clasping in response to variations in the relative humidity of the space. As a result, while installing laminate flooring, no special glues or adhesives are required, resulting in the elimination of unsafe volatile organic compounds (VOCs). They are also incredibly simple to maintain after installation. Once installed, laminate flooring can be readily cleaned and maintained without the need for harsh chemicals or special cleaners, safeguarding indoor air quality.
Process of Disposal:
Laminate flooring can be reused or recycled at the end of its expedient life. The HDF flooring boards can also be reprocessed in the manufacturing process, can be shredded for agricultural use, or burnt as energy waste. So, HDF laminate flooring does not end up as waste and thus can be very great for nature.
Exclusive environmental benefits of HDF Laminate Flooring:
Let us check out what other ecological benefits does HDF laminate flooring offer:
- Solvents, preservatives, and any other chemicals that irritate allergies and asthma are not present in HDF Laminate flooring. Thus when a homeowner wants a living space with fewer allergies, this might be an environment-friendly consideration.
- HDF laminate flooring is made from plantation wood, consequently saving certain trees from becoming extinct and promoting healthy forest regeneration.
- HDF laminate flooring, also known as engineered wood floorings, is durable, can resist moisture, and is less susceptible to damage so that you would not need to change them often. Even if the replacement is required, the damaged planks do not cause further damage to other planks and can be easily removed, reducing the overall usage amount of wood.
- Laminate floors are helpful to the occupants of the residence since it does not emit carbon or their by-products. It is considered eco-friendly since it eliminates the possibility of producing any greenhouse gases in your home.
- As the HDF laminate flooring is made of multiple layers, it can absorb hollow sounds or vibrations. Thus it can improve the acoustic and helps in preventing noise pollution in high traffic spaces.
- No water or energy is consumed to produce laminate flooring. Thus it directly saves natural resources like water and energy.
After considering all of the factors, we can conclude that HDF Laminate Flooring is indeed beneficial to the environment. Engineered wood flooring is certainly more nature friendly than pure wood flooring. Therefore, HDF laminate flooring is an environmentally friendly option since it provides the beauty of natural materials without the high environmental cost.
HDF laminate flooring from Surya Click is the ideal option for you if you are looking for the appropriate flooring for your house that suits the environment too. As we regulate a unique production technique, our vast selection of laminate flooring products is particularly nature friendly. Thus if you want a durable, strong, classy, and eco-friendly option, we are the right place for you. Get in touch with us today.